The 2017 BIG DAY of GIVING portal is now open.
Donations made in advance will count towards our May 4th Big Day of Giving total.
Prefer to text your donation? Text scso to 41444
Help the SCSO take advantage of the remainder of our
$25,000 WELLS FARGO MATCHING GRANT.
Double your Donation when you contribute to the SCSO’s Annual Fund.
OR download the 2016-2017 SCSO-Wells Fargo Matching Fund Form
Your donation will help the SCSO to expand an awareness of live performance and classical music in the region in many ways:
- Supports SCSO’s growing educational and community outreach programs.
- Supports production costs that average $70,000 – $80,000 per concert.
- Helps the SCSO keep its low ticket prices, for family attendance at SCSO concerts.
- Keeps the SCSO moving forward as one of Sacramento’s best performing arts value.
Conductor Donald Kendrick and our Board ask that you join in supporting the SCSO, one of Sacramento’s premier performing arts organizations! The SCSO is a 501(c)-3 non-profit; your donation may be tax-deductible. TAX ID: 94-325-9903
The SCSO continues to earn respect and recognition throughout northern California for many reasons:
- Fiscally sound since its origin 20 years ago.
- PBS Documentary (KVIE) that has now gone national
- Local professional caliber singers supported by local professional orchestra players.
- Critical acclaim for innovative classical programming.
- Nine professionally mastered compact disks.
- Moderate ticket prices for greater community access to live performance.
- Regular Outreach activities to the Underprivileged, Students, Veterans
The SCSO is an Award-Winning Arts Organization:
- The Arts Excellence Award – Arts & Business Council of Sacramento – 2002
- Best of the Best Outstanding Nonprofit of the Year 2002
- Arts Executive Of the Year Award – Arts & Business Council of Sacramento
- Best Example of Talent & Efficiency – Sacramento Magazine – 2003
- City & County of Sacramento Resolutions – Spring 2005
- The American Prize – 2010
- Music Community Engagement – Spring 2011
National and International Cultural Ambassadors for the Sacramento Region
(All tours are self-funded)
May 2003 – Carnegie Hall Debut
July 2004 – International European Concert Tour
Munich, Prague, Vienna, Budapest
July 2006 – International Concert Tour of China
Beijing, Tianjin, Xi’ian, Jinan (Sacramento’s Sister City) The Great Wall
June 2008 – Walt Disney Concert Hall Debut – Los Angeles -
June 2009 – Canada – Vancouver & Victoria, British Columbia
June 2013 – Italy Tour – Venice, Florence, Lucca, Rome
July 2015 – Paris, Normandy, London